I currently work as an information literacy fellow at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. In this position, I have:
- Collaborated with librarian colleagues to promote information literacy through interactive, assessed instructional content as a member of the Libraries’ Research Essentials Team.
- Taught week-long classes in the university library’s innovative information literacy program.
- Exceeded patron expectations when providing user-centered reference services via the reference desk and Library H3LP chat service.
- Held individual research consultations with students.
- Designed web content, LibGuides, and in-class activities.
In the evenings, I also work as a library assistant and evening supervisor at MidAmerica Nazarene University’s Mabee Library. In this position, I have:
- Provided professional reference assistance.
- Processed interlibrary loan requests.
- Maintained the digital repository.
- Assisted in original cataloging of materials and database management.
- Completed research projects to inform library policies.
- Compiled and organized data for assessment reports.
- Coordinated and supervised a team of thirteen student workers, and securely closed the library in the evenings.
Recently, I collaborated to create an annotate bibliography on games and learning for the ALA through a Carnegie Whitney Grant. This bibliography will be published online through MNU’s Center for Games & Learning.